Saturday, September 17, 2011

Epic Fail by Claire LaZebnik


Will Elise’s love life be an epic win or an epic fail?
At Coral Tree Prep in Los Angeles, who your parents are can make or break you. Case in point:
As the son of Hollywood royalty, Derek Edwards is pretty much prince of the school—not that he deigns to acknowledge many of his loyal subjects.
As the daughter of the new principal, Elise Benton isn’t exactly on everyone’s must-sit-next-to-at-lunch list.
When Elise’s beautiful sister catches the eye of the prince’s best friend, Elise gets to spend a lot of time with Derek, making her the envy of every girl on campus. Except she refuses to fall for any of his rare smiles and instead warms up to his enemy, the surprisingly charming social outcast Webster Grant. But in this hilarious tale of fitting in and flirting, not all snubs are undeserved, not all celebrity brats are bratty, and pride and prejudice can get in the way of true love for only so long.

        Before I Review The Book
 I'm not usually a fan of short books but when I saw it in the bookstore I knew I'd have to read it because I'm a sucker for YA romance. Which is unfortuanate for me because there's so many of them in the bookstore I end up spending a lot more than I intend to when the cashier rings up the price. (Bad for my pocket but way worth it!)

Elsie's life is busy. She takes care of her little siblings, worry what her mom would think of about how she's dressed, and watches out for the girl who's got it out for her at school. How unfortunate that her mom is the principal of the school now on top of her grades she has to worry about how she acts around school. Truth be told I didn't find this book the most facinating thing at the time. The book is very fast paced and forward. Derek in the book to me just went from meeting Elsie to all of a sudden I like her a lot. That gap from meeting her to liking her more than a friend kind-of thing came out of nowhere becuse all of a sudden I'm reading "Hi I'm Elsie" sort-of thing to "Oh! I think he really likes you" thing. That's one of my only really big complaints out of the whole book besides that I found the book to be a very easy, fast paced book that's meant to be read when your bored. What I'm really trying to say is that I have no intention of reading the book again any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment