Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Lola and the Boy Next Door

   Lola believes in costume. Everyday she has a new fun and exciting outfit, not your typical type of clothing. Nobody has interfered between her and her boyfriend Max's relationship well maybe both of her dads and her old neighbor, and former love, Cricket, that has just moved back into town. Lola's scared and mad at the same time discovering that Cricket has moved into town again. Will she stay with her rocker boyfriend Max or realise that she still has feelings for Cricket?

   Wow Stephanie Perkins has done it again! I loved her other novel Anna and the French Kiss and no doubt about it I loved how she linked Anna and the French Kiss with Lola and The Boy Next Door. This is one of therefore, most unique and exquisite novels I've read. I loved how Lola is not afraid of what others think about how she dresses, one of the qualities I most endure. As for Cricket he's weird in a very good way. He's sweet and has also always liked Lola.
With no further due I have to say I was very impressed by this novel. When I heard the description of the book I thought it was very well weird indeed but after I've consumed every page of this book I thought wow have I thought wrong. In the meantime I look forward to reading Isla and The Happily Ever after the final companion novel to Anna and the French Kiss. 

Overall Score:5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment